Mr Blake Stacey
BE (Ceram Hons), Dip Ed, GAICD
After graduating as a Ceramics Engineer in 1988: 7 years as Chemist, Quality Manager, and Development Engineer for Bristile China/Australian Fine China (tableware manufacture)
3 years at Ceramic Fuel Cells Limited, as Production Manager, scaling up CSIRO developed processes for Fuel Cell manufacture (technical ceramics, printing, and metals processing)
2 years at Varian Inc, as Senior Production Engineer, taking designs for new chemical analysis instruments onto the production floor: lathes, machining centres, benders painting etc, and including assembly line and QC testing.
6 years as Operations Manager for Bristile Roof Tiles , developing new tile products and managing a factory of 55 people, making 50,000 tiles per day, with an expenditure of over $AUD13m pa. Total new products released: 1 Paver, 2 Tile profiles, 15 new colours, and milling machinery modifications.
7 years as Technical and R&D Manager for Austral Bricks and Bristile Roofing, developing new products and processes for roof tiles and bricks, and assisting in management of the business. Total new products released: 18 brick shapes and decorations, and assistance with setup of roof tile import business.
From 2018: Independent Consulting Company registered: Real Material Solutions Pty Ltd
Customers include (as of Jan 2019):
- Fast Brick Robotics (Perth)
- Midland Bricks (Perth)
- Austral Bricks (Perth)
- PGH Bricks (Melbourne)
- Boral Roofing (Terracotta tile production, Montoro, NSW)
- Brickmakers (Perth)
- Bristile Roofing (Perth)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Ceramics UNSW , Honours 1988
- Company Director graduate, GAICD member since 2010
- Diploma of education, Physics and Chemistry, UWA 2002
- Lean manufacturing certificate (Uni. of Melbourne), 2000
- Reliability Based Mechanical Integrity, 2015
- Forklift Licence, 2017
- First Aid certificate, 2017